I suggest you ...

Add documentation - please. Add more source code comments/intellisense -- only Events.cs has XML.

Please add proper documentation, FAQ, source code comments (commenting), and source XML comments (for IntelliSense).

I think the project looks like a good idea, but takes quite a bit of looking around to figure out how everything works (looking at Unit Tests, code, etc.)

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthew M. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew M. commented  · 

Sure thing.
        Code comments: Explain what's going on. In one of the source files you have hard-coded IP address. What is going on there ? What's it for ? Make notations on intent - why you're doing something. Additionally, the XML comments make things nicer to.

Documentation/FAQ: Explain what the project is, how it works, what it offers over the base WCF concept. Describe in detail with examples how to use the API, what to expect when, how to deal with errors, etc.

Show an example of both a client and server. How do I make two programs or instances of the same (or even one with "different buttons") talk to one another.

Basically, don't make [me/us] read the code to try to understand how to use nvents! A decent write up of exactly how things work with working examples, and possibly a test application with said sample code would go a long way. That way someone can download and be up and running in no time and understand how to implement your samples into their code.

That's my take!

-- additionally, the nvents website is a bit hard to navigate. Perhaps a navigation bar ? Something to take me to the blog/blog posts, categorized by month or something with prev/next buttons would be nice. Right now it's a bit hard to get around once you open a post there's no way to directly go to another one without some digging. I think you only have 3 entries so far, but I'm sure that will change!

Looks like you've done a nice job with the library though!

Feedback and Knowledge Base